Lighthouse Returns is the administrator for the Lighthouse Returns Website, client landing pages from CD environments, and program promotions & incentives such as referral discounts. As such, Lighthouse Returns (“we” or “us”) takes pride in the trust in which its clients and their customers place in us. Whether you are interested our personal income tax advice, income tax preparation, financial strategies planning, budgeting, bookkeeping, etc.., we can assure you that we are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our website, http://www.lighthousereturns.com/. Please feel confident that the information we collect from you, and that you choose to share, will be treated with great care. To engender that trust, following is an explanation about the exact types of information we obtain and the purposes to which such information is put.
Use of Information:
1. Affiliates. Examples of parties who are affiliated with Lighthouse Returns for whom we provide services and/or who provide services for tax/financial planning, and for whom we may share your personal information, include the following:
2. Non-Affiliates. We will never share your personal information with any third parties who are not affiliated with Lighthouse Returns. For these purposes, parties who are not affiliated with Lighthouse Returns means and includes (a) any businesses on behalf of which Lighthouse Returns does not provide marketing and/or advertising services, or (b) any businesses and professionals not engaged in the provision of goods or services to individuals for tax/financial needs.
3. Protecting Minor Children. We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. We do not permit anyone under the age 13 to register with us. We also don not send e-mail correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under age 13 without their parent’s consent. Accordingly, we will never knowingly collect data from persons under 13 years of age.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to actively participate in their children’s online activities and to use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the web.
4. Collection of Information On-Line – A General Review. Following is information of a general nature about the collection of information on-line.
a. What are Session Logs? When you visit any web site, the server hosting the pages that you access generates data called “session logs.” These logs are used by the owner of the site you visit to track the pages you visit. Each person’s computer has a so-called Internet Protocol (IP) address. This IP address is used to identify your computer numerically through a series of numbers assigned to you for your e-mail address as well as to gather broader demographic data. However, the IP address contains no personal information; it only identifies the web site that referred you, the pages you visited and the date and time of the visit. We use the logs to educate us about the way visitors travel through our site. By referring to that data, we can better design our pages so that the information which visitors to our site most frequently visited is easier to access. By tracking visits to our pages, we can also determine if the information we provide is being used by our visitors.
Only information you provide and choices you make when visiting a web site can be stored in a cookie on your computer. Accordingly, the site cannot determine your name or e-mail address or other information about you unless and until you choose to enter such information into a pre-existing dialogue box provided on the site. Enabling a web site to create a cookie does not give that site or any other site access to the information stored in your computer. The cookies cannot roam around your computer and collect personal information. Moreover, only the site that creates the cookie can read it.
5. How we Collect Information About You. We gather information about you when, and only if, you choose to contact us through the website. You will only be contacted by LightHouse Returns or its affiliates.
6. Security. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information you provide which is under our control. We employ sophisticated encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal information. Unfortunately, however, no one can guarantee data information transmitted over the Internet to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit or to or from our sites, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, however, we will do our best to protect your information on our systems.
We urge you to maintain your passwords in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished visiting our site. This is to assure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or public Internet cafe.
10. Customer Information. Lighthouse Returns provides customers with these opportunities:
a. The opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from our site and those of our partners.
b. The opportunity to correct or update your information.
c. The opportunity to contact us.
To contact us via the Internet, please send your e-mail to: email@example.com
To contact us by mail, send standard mail to the following postal address:
Attn: Customer Care
859 Via Barquero
San Marcos, Ca 92069
To contact us by telephone, please call our customer service department at (760) 807-5909.